The Linder Firm
Drug Manufacturing Statistics in Texas
Largely due to its proximity to the Mexican border, Texas is an extremely popular route for illegal drugs to enter the United States. While lots of these drugs are smuggled into the country by cartels, a large amount is also produced within the state.
Explore our guide to learn some informative statistics about drug manufacturing from our experienced criminal defense attorney, Phillip A. Linder.
Important Texas Drug Statistics
- Texas frequently leads the nation in federal drug seizures – in 2002, more kilograms of marijuana were seized than in every other state combined
- Texas ranks first in the U.S. for the amount of marijuana and cocaine seizures, second for methamphetamine seizures, and third for heroin seizures
- The number of drug-related arrests in Texas has steadily increased over the last 25 years
- Drug-related offenses make up a higher percentage of federal sentences in Texas than the national average, with marijuana constituting roughly 60% of these drug offenses
- 14,639 people were arrested in Texas for drug manufacturing in 2010
- 155 meth lab seizures occurred in Texas in 2009, a 67% jump from just two years earlier
- According to a 2013 study, at least 473,000 Texans aged 12 and older were dependent on illegal drugs within the year.
Call Phillip A. Linder
If you’ve been arrested for drug manufacturing, or any other drug-related offense, don’t let yourself become a statistic. Our experienced criminal defense attorney will fight to preserve your legal right and achieve the most favorable outcome for your case. Call our Dallas law firm to schedule a free case review.